Saturday, November 1, 2008

Carol Fourtner

Watercolors in Full Bloom

In her paintings of strikingly bright florals, Carol Fourtner brings flowers to life. Her watercolors look so "real" that viewers want to reach out and touch them.

It took Carol only a few experiments with different media to convince her that watercolors were her love. For over thirty years, she has immersed herself in studies with many artists, absorbing techniques of skilled watercolorists.

Since her first solo art show in 1989, Carol has been creating and showing her art in a variety of venues. Today, she regularly displays her work in member shows at the Emerald Art Center and annually at Chateau Lorane's Memorial Day Wine and Fine Arts Festival as well as at the Artisan's Studio at the Lane County Fair. She also plans to teach a watercolor painting class for beginners which starts in January
at River Road Parks & Recreation.

Carol Fourtner shows her love for flowers in her watercolor paintings that bless the viewer with an experience of joy in seeing real beauty in art.

In her own words:

Inspiration To Begin: "I started drawing when I was in high school and enjoyed it. Off and on over the years I took art classes but didn't get really serious about it until I retired. Since then, I've created many watercolor paintings and continue to paint regularly."

Important Mentors:
"During my years at Diablo Valley College in California, Jade Fon Woo, a well-known Bay Area landscape and portrait artist, was an important influence. Today, I'm inspired by the work of local artist, LaVonne Tarbox-Crone. I've learned so much from her and enjoy going to her studio to paint together."

Value of Art in Her Life:
"Painting makes my life more exciting. I love getting up in the morning and going into my studio to paint. When I'm doing a painting and everything is working, I get a wonderful feeling ... like all is 'right and good' and worth sharing with people."

Her Artist's Legacy:
"My hope is that those who see my work will feel the joy I experience when I create it and that others will be inspired to develop their own art."

For more information about Carol Fourtner and to see additional images of her art, visit the Emerald Art Center website: www.emeraldartcenter.org


To display a larger image of the art on your computer, please click on the photo.



"Tulip" by Carol Fourtner


____________________________________________________________________________

About The Artist


Birthplace: Bellevelle, Kansas

Arts Education: Diablo Valley College; art classes with Pat Dooley, Judy Morris, Betty Carr, Dan Chen, and others.

Media of Choice: Watercolors

Favorite Place to Do Art: In my studio at home

Favorite Subjects To Paint: Florals

Arts Organizations: Emerald Empire Arts Association, Watercolor Society of Oregon

Gallery Shows: Annual Memorial Day show at Chateau Lorane Wine & Fine Arts Festival



__________________________________________________________________________


All art images and photographs of the art are copyright by the artist.



"Roses" by Carol Fourtner




"Blueberries" by Carol Fourtner





"Magnolia Leaves" by Carol Fourtner


###